The existence of streaming media has been so popular and grew more crowded these days. If you would like to stream your media, then Plex latest APK 18.104.22.16867 (806642416) is the right option to distribute the content you want. This app is one of the available solutions that help you in managing all your collection of media. More than just your content, it also has a lot of different channels for you. As the portal to any media, you are allowed to install many channels in your server. Therefore, you can use them for streaming the content easily even from popular sources.
Plex File Information
Developer: Plex, Inc.
Version: 22.214.171.12467 (806642416)
File size: 36.1 MB
Uploaded: May 26, 2020 at 3:35PM GMT+07
Requirement: Android 4.1 and up
Download Plex APK 126.96.36.19967
This streaming media can accommodate format types in vast selection. You can use it to stream music and movies, display photos, etc., with so much ease. If you have no idea what kind of format you should use, the combination of AAC audio and MP4 will work the best with this software. It is able to transcode automatically by Direct Stream for nearly many other files type when you need it including MPEG, AVI, MKV, etc. For the image support, it will be viewing JPGs and also supporting the RAWs.
The performance of this media server is really lightweight. It will be able to run on machine with fairly low specification. The minimum condition to run it is Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz with 1GB RAM. The recommended requirement is 2.4GHz with 2GB RAM, but this machine with 4GB RAM will evade buffering.
The user interface is slick and also easy to be used. It provides all information you want right in front of your eyes. This will definitely make the collections pop by presenting your content with great metadata and cover art.
- It is user friendly app.
- You can stream the media seamlessly to the devices on home network.
- Platform agnostic.
- The free version is fully featured
- You can stream the content anywhere even by remote access.
- This app provides extra free content for third party’s channel.
- It uses DigiCert security.
- The interface is stylish, intelligent, premium, and easy to be used.
- It has superb value.
- The device compatibility is vast.
- You may face challenging setup.
- To tweak is more difficult than to open the server of source media.
- It cannot work in Apple TV.
- It’s reliant too much on the connection speed.
- Many features demand extra cost.
How to Use the App
When you set up this media server, you will be required to choose the Plex version, such as the standard media server, for NAS and for home theatre. After you download it, you can install it quickly. However, you need to complete some steps to finish setup process. Adding some media to this media server requires specific setting to name the folders, subfolder, and files of video in certain format. To complete these processes, it could be described as irritating and tedious, but you have to stick with it.
You will be rewarded once this server runs live on your device for the first time. When you tell it which folders that should be looked in, Plex for Android is going to detect your media directly. You should separate the movies, TV shows, photos, and music into the right categories. It will add the description as well as cover art to each content piece which makes it beautiful and rich.
- Live TV: tune channels even when opening a future airing pre-play.
- Live TV: add TV guide long press action support to navigate to pre-play.
- [TV] Live TV: you can now page up and down on the TV guide using program up/down controller keys.
- Improve memory usage on the home screen.
- Live TV: deleted Live TV & DVR sources could still be visible.
- Player: improve cleanup when closing.