MyHeritage deep nostalgia app for Android may be one of those apps rising in popularity these days. Developed by MyHeritage, this app is being used by many to create an animated photo. However, is it the true intention for this app? Animating photos is not the only intention of the developer team. Making family tree, discovering the information about those people in your tree, even estimating someone’s ethnicity are what people find useful from this app. Aside from those mentioned, if you have an old photo of your grandma, great-grandma, or whoever else it is, the app may help you to recolor it.
MyHeritage File Information
Last updated: April 5, 2021
Requirement: Varies with device
File size: 68.5 MB
Uploaded: April 5, 2021 at 2:09PM GMT+07
Available on Google Play: Install from Google Play
MyHeritage app review
As mentioned earlier, people expect to be able to animate their photos. The app provides its users 10 different animation effect. These effects work pretty quickly, which is less than one minute. Once applied, you will get an animated photo with the focus on animating eyes and head motion. Aside from choosing various animations, users can recolor their photos as well. Expect vivid color and sharper picture by applying their one-and-only filter.
Next, the app can also be used to create a family tree. One good thing about this is it has no limits, so if you desire to add the extended family members, you can put their name (including the birth and death year) into the family tree. Moreover, there are discovery and DNA features. These are what users found amazing from the app aside from the animation feature. With these two featured features, you can discover information about your relatives, and even found the long-lost ones. As for DNA features, it provides a ‘simple DNA testing’ that would help you to find out the ethnic origins. This way, you can also find new relatives.
- It works well even in low-RAM phones (2GB).
- The app installation pack isn’t that big in size, but cannot be considered as small enough as well.
- The interface is user-friendly for some specific features.
- The animation effect is stellar. Once you got a photo animated, it feels like you are watching a video although there is still space to improve it.
- It has quick animating process (less than 45 s, depending on the size of picture used)
- The recoloring effect works wonder; the result file has vivid color, and it has better sharpness/contrast as well.
- Color scheme used, illustration, font style, are all looking ‘lavish’.
- No tutorial provided, so it may confuse new users when it comes to use the app.
- For some menus, there is no name.
How to Use MyHeritage app
If you only plan to use the animating feature from MyHeritage deep nostalgia for Android, doing it is pretty easy. First thing to do after launching the app is to go to ‘Photos’ menu. Next, load, scan, or take a photo. The app will then prompt you to upload the photo and shortly after it, you can start animating the photo simply by tapping on the ‘Animate’ button, which is located left to the wand button.
- Animate the faces in your family photos with Deep Nostalgia™, and create a short video animation that will feel like your family history is being reenacted before your eyes.