Dark mode and disappearing messages features for Android is available on WhatsApp latest APK 18.104.22.168 released in 2021. WhatsApp is used to send message at glance with pictures and videos even completed by voice and video calls up to 8 participants. It raises in use and gets the high reputation. Now it is boasting hundred millions users on the globe due to the simple, easy and flexible service. Some services offered proved to work well in supporting the communication locally or internationally. This platform allows the users to send text messages, make a voice call, make a video call as well as send audio messages. The users can also share images, documents, user locations and other media, making it good and perfect either for business use or personal use. There is no subscription fee to use Whatsapp due to the phone’s internet connection you use. Usually, the internet connections which are available are 4G, 3G, 2G, EDGE and Wi-Fi.
WhatsApp File Information
Last updated: August 10, 2021
Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
Version: 22.214.171.124 (211520002)
Requirement: Android 4.0.3 and up
File size: 33.6 MB
Uploaded: August 10, 2021 at 11:13AM GMT+07
Available on Google Play: Install from Google Play
WhatsApp app review
In general, WhatsApp for Android allows you not only to send text messages in a chat window, but also to make video and voice calls for free. All messages exchanged via this app, including files, voice, images, are protected with an end-to-end encryption. The same encryption protocol is also employed by Signal. In addition to that, there is also the video call feature which enables you to connect to another WA user, either during a chat or from the Calls screen. Even so, as for now, the group video calls feature isn’t yet to be available.
Meanwhile, to chat with other users, you can chat simply one-on-one or with a group you set up and administer. Each group chat can hold 256 members in total, tops. As you chat with a contact or in a group, you can send not only texts, but also emojis. In addition, the chat also enables you to create voice messages you’ve recorded earlier, share documents, send your location, and even capture and customize photos. Chatting is also free, especially since the developer dropped the annual subscription fee last year. And although the services are free, WA doesn’t run any third-party ads, which will free you from any pesky pop-out ads.
Unlike Facebook Messenger and most mobile messaging services that require you to create an account, Whatsapp offers no account to create as a registration. All you need to do is jut typing your phone number which Whatsapp will verify with the text message. Later, this platform offers to scour your address book for other users’ phone number. Automatically, Whatsapp adds as friends.
There are so many benefits you can enjoy from using this app as your messaging service on an Android device. Even so, this app isn’t perfect either, since there are also some things that are missing in this app.
- Use the Broadcast Lists to send messages to multiple contacts at once, which will greatly save your time when sending greetings or bulk invitation.
- You can share your location with any desired contact.
- Text messages are not the only service offered, but also video and audio calls.
- You no longer need to use earphones when there’s an audio message incoming, even when you’re in a public area. Simply bring your Android smartphone close to your ear as the message is played. Doing this will decrease the audio volume and you can listen to the message as if you’re on a call.
- The end-to-end encryption will secure all your conversations, meaning that nobody has any access to it or even can read, including WhatsApp, aside from you and the one you’re communicating with.
- The absence of ads in this app will make it truly convenience and bother-free while exchanging messages.
- All the services this app offers are free.
- You can star any important messages so you won’t lose them. To find the starred messages, you can access a separate section.
- The latest version now has Stories to replace the old Status feature. This one is similar to Snapchat and Instagram story.
- It feels stable, fast, and light during the use.
- Even though it now has Stories feature, it still hasn’t made any face filters feature available yet, unlike Snapchat, Facebook, or Instagram.
- It lacks the built-in virtual assistance, such as Google Allow.
- There’s a limit to the file size sent via this app; videos can’t be larger than 16MB and documents should be less than 100MB.
- It reduces image quality.
- To contact someone, you need to know and save their phone number first.
How to Use & Tutorial
How to activate WhatsApp dark mode
To activate WA dark mode you can go to Settings > Chats > Theme. Choose “Dark” and then tap “ok”.
How to activate WhatsApp fingerprint feature
To activate WA fingerprint you can go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Fingerprint lock and then enable Unlock with fingerprint.
How to make a call using WhatsApp
Open the chat with the contact you’d like to call and tap the phone button located on top. To receive a call, tap and then slide the green button appearing on the incoming call screen to answer it, or slide the red button if you’d like to decline the call. To decline a call with a quick message, tap on a message icon appearing on the call screen.
How to make a video call in WhatsApp
If you want to place a video call, the step is similar to when you’re making a voice call. However, tap Video call instead. And to receive a video call, there’s an incoming video call screen too. To accept or decline the video call, the steps are also similar to when you’re answering or rejecting a voice call.
How to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
The app allows you to backup WA data using a local backup and/or Google Drive. Local backups are created automatically at 2AM every day and saved as a file on the device. To backup data on Google Drive, just open the app, then open “Menu” button. Go to “Settings” — “Chats” — “Chat backup”. Then tap “Back Up” for an immediate backup, as well as on “Back up to Google Drive” options to set up your backup frequency. Be sure you have a Google account. The option “Back-up-over” enables you to set which network used to back up.
How to change wallpaper
Changing wallpaper is also possible. Even so, you can set different pictures per conversation. Tap on “Menu” button and go to “Settings” — “Chats” — “Wallpaper”.
To block a contact already saved on your device, tap on “Menu” button and go to “Settings” — “Account” –” Privacy” — “Blocked contacts”. Open the “add contact” icon and choose which contact you’d like to block. If the contact is not saved in your phone, simply open your chat with that unknown contact and tap “Block”.
While it’s true that WhatsApp is not perfect, but it has offered so many great benefits that made communication much easier, simpler, and more convenient.
- You can now send photos and videos that can only be viewed once by recipients. Tap the new “1” icon that appears next to the caption.
- Archived chats will now stay archived and muted when new messages arrive. You can change the experience in Settings > Chats > Keep Chats Archived.
- You can now leave and rejoin group calls from the calls tab while they are ongoing.