Signal Private Messenger app for Android is another multifunctioning messenger app. Ever since its release date, the app itself has gained 50 million downloads. It is pretty much for an app, right? With the app, you can send message with end-to-end encryption, meaning that no one would be able to retrieve the information from your chats other than yourself. Probably this is why people love it. As the privacy issue has gained spotlight these days, the app plays as a savior to people who have hesitation on their current messaging app. The app has been long existed, but it has just got better number of downloaders in the couple of years.
Signal Private Messenger File Information
Last updated: May 5, 2021
Developer: Signal Foundation
Version: 5.9.5 (83201)
Requirement: Android 4.4 and up
File size: 38 MB
Uploaded: May 5, 2021 at 11:34AM GMT+07
Available on Google Play: Install from Google Play
Signal Private Messenger app review
First, the app provides private messaging. Basically, it has simple function as a messenger app that you can use to send not only text, but also the image, GIF, documents, or audios. In addition, If you feel bored with text chats, why don’t level it up to voice or even video calls? It sounds like a good option if you want to be free of charge while chatting on the phone, right? No landline call fee nor phone credit loss. Then, you can talk about your plan by making a group chat and talk about it freely. No one’s going to overheard you.
Next, to make your app free from lists of messages, you can activate disappearing messages feature like Whatsapp. It is a good option, not only to reduce data use, but also to reduce the use of space for storage. Old people said that everything has its good and bad sides, and so has this app. If you are thinking to install this app, it’s best to know about its pros and cons beforehand to help you decide whether to install the app or not.
- The interface is pretty simple: no confusing features and every button is self-explanatory already.
- The messenger also enables you to send SMS through the app. You can also set it as the default SMS app.
- Light app with decent interface and transition effect.
- It provides option for enabling/disabling read and typing indicators.
- The app can restrict non-contact people to send you messages.
- There are various options to edit your photos, ranging from blurring, adding funny stickers, cropping and adding doodle.
- The app may not load all contact from your phone.
- At times, people may find loading the messages take time.
- The looks may be pretty basic, and it can even be considered as dull. Despite some illustrations and wallpaper change for chat rooms, the overall looks are somehow boring with all white/black depending on the system theme.
To use the app, it is pretty similar as if using another messenger app. Frankly said, the app has the same points you can find in many messenger apps. However, if you are looking for the light messenger app with no ‘Status’ feature, you can rely on Signal Private Messenger for Android.
- Animated GIF search results now show up in a jiffy (even though that isn’t how GIF is pronounced).