Well, most people will agree the spam calls are annoying, especially if you are not in the mood. That’s why Getcontact for Android was developed and launched to the public. Although there are similar applications like this one, it seems like this app gets people head over heels with it. Even after its scandalous privacy setback, the app still exists in Play Store, and gained more than 50 million downloads.
Getcontact File Information
Last updated: July 5, 2021
Developer: Getverify LDA
Requirement: Android 5.0 and up
File size: 42.8 MB
Uploaded: July 5, 2021 at 12:20PM GMT+07
Available on Google Play: Install from Google Play
Getcontact app review
However, some of you may haven’t heard nor used the app at all. The main feature is to let the users know about the identity of the caller who isn’t on the contact list. This means you will know whether the call is coming from a telemarketer, an insurance officer, or a fraud whatsoever. Crowdsourcing is their magic trick behind the caller ID revelation, and of course there must be something that you need to pay off: letting the app to dig in to your personal data. Probably this is why it was said the app has been banned in several countries. For this, the developer, Getverify LDA declines the accusation.
Despite all the one-sided claims, the app offers many wonderful features aside from caller ID identification. It can block unwanted calls more effectively than your default phone app. As mentioned earlier, the developer sought the data from all users logged on to the app. Since the app has its spam protection feature, you can get rid of any disturbing spam calls. As you need to login to the app, it is a sure thing that you will need a decent internet connection. Now, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Getcontact for Android.
- It has outstanding features of caller ID identification. As mentioned earlier, the app has been known that it can show the caller ID (and pictures, sometimes) from all callers. Besides, you can type your own number and find out how people save your name.
- It also provides call blocking feature. Although many phones have this feature, it seems like the app has ‘stronger’ feature compared to the conventional way of blocking calls.
- You are able to know how your number is saved on people’s contact list.
- There is no tutorial whatsoever regarding how to use the features.
- It may show you ‘quirky’ results – let’s say, who knows that the app shows you that your number is saved as ‘Insurance Man’ when you’re not even one.
How to Use
Using the app is relatively easy. Once you launch it and sign in, you can type your number on the search box and see how people save your number in their contact. Aside from that, turning on the ‘Always know who’s calling’ toggle button will help you to know whose calling even if your phone contact number doesn’t recognize the number still.
- Improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Performance improvements.