If you love mobile photography, you are surely familiar with mobile image editor apps. These days, there are heaps of applications that you can download for free. Talking about the features, it is comparable enough with some of the already-well-known desktop applications. One app that is rising in fame is Polarr for Android. What are the features and what could be its pros and cons? Is it a good app? Well, you can decide after reading the review first.
Polarr File Information
Last updated: June 28, 2021
Requirement: Android 8.0 and up
File size: 47.3 MB
Uploaded: June 28, 2021 at 11:01AM GMT+07
Available on Google Play: Install from Google Play
Polarr app review
Talking about image editor, we should never forget about the basic image-editing features, like providing custom filters, light and color curves, HSL (hue, saturation, and lightness) set ups, transformation tools (cropping, rotating, and such), etc. This app has it all with an extra of providing Quick Selection button in the desktop apps. It also has Liquify, which works wonder by warping the object of your picture pretty easily. It’s a good thing that the features are accessible with just few steps away. Overlaying your picture with other images and textures is also possible to do. If you feel a little bored with the color ‘scheme’ of picture, just enhance the color with gradient overlay or duo tone. Both of them could be a quick trick to vivify the colors, aside from enhancing the saturation.
To be said shortly, it provides various features to pick from. You can even play with sample photo provided to try their feature before editing your picture. It was also said Polarr for Android can even take not only JPGs, but also PNGs and some other common picture file types. Although it does not work for RAW image file types – the image file that’s mostly used by photographers, the app can stand with a huge JPEG file size. Therefore, retouching your image via mobile phone can be carried out pretty easily.
- It is definitely a huge variety of tools.
- You can use various image file types.
- It enables you to work offline, but for some filters, textures, and features, you need to enable download first. These can later be saved for future use.
- It has several desktop-like features as well, such as Liquify and Selection.
- It has easy interface and amazing looks with a little tutorial given for first-time users.
- The app is simple before-after checking.
- It is not supporting RAW files.
- This app works best in terms of editing the color aspects of a picture, but it does not have any feature to add texts.
- Subscription fee, when compared to the similarly-functioning app, it is pricey. However, the upgrades still cannot go all-offline. It seems like the free version is already fine for basic/minor editing.
To use the app, it is pretty easy, just like another image editing app. You will be required to import the photo first, or you can go with the sample photo to try the features available. Of course, the free app is quite limited if you want diverse plugins. However, if you are just sticking with the basic image editing aspects, you will do just fine with the app. For adding quick filters, you will be prompted to register or to login using your valid account.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.